Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Idea for the site

For my Crysis Landscape I have been influenced by 2 environments: A natural Italian valley and the urban landscape of New York city. I have combined various elements from these 2 sites through emulating the idea of hills or the natural landscape through the shape of the buildings in my ‘city’ which I will then flood to make this landscape dramatic and intense like Lady Gaga who has ties to both Italy and New York. Through this I am commenting on the works of my clients as entertainers by grabbing attention as Lady Gaga can be seen to do by being seemingly ‘edgy’ or controversial as the work can be seen as a comment on overdevelopment, globalisation and the power of individuals through their depiction by the media in a consumer culture. The client Oprah is also catered for in this harshly contrasting environment as it can be seen as a reflection of  the contrast of her early life which was fraught with adversity and poverty to her now success as this great change and overcoming such hardships can be seen to add to her influence in the confession talkshow genre which she has had such power over. 




No comments:

Post a Comment